wellbeing, healing and disease prevention
Reading time: 5 minutes
Interested in natural, non-toxic flea and tick prevention, then read on or download a free copy of our Flea and Tick Prevention here
Did you know that Amber is therapeutic and is known for its powerful healing properties!
So, why does amber work for pets?
Genuine Baltic Amber is fossilised tree resin from the Baltic Sea that is 20 – 50 million years old. This precious piece of Earth reconnects our energy to the earth’s energy.
This fundamental connection has been lost in our modern lifestyle through wearing synthetic footwear, clothing and highly processed foods.
Wearing amber in direct contact with your skin recreates this connection, balancing our nature energy.
Because of this grounding effect, many physical and mental ailments can be significantly relieved or even healed.
Almost everyone would agree that it is important to focus on improving your pet's health through the use of natural healing methods whenever and however possible. In today's world, the chances of your beloved pet contracting diseases such as cancer, allergies, pancreatitis, skin disorders are extremely high.
How is that so, you ask? It’s pretty simple really.
Poor nutrition (diet high in processed foods such as kibble/dry food) and excessive use of chemicals such as toxic de-wormers, flea, tick and heartworm preventives and vaccinations.
Do Baltic Amber Necklaces for Dogs Actually Work?
Fleas, ticks and other parasitic pests are something you never want to see on your beloved pet but it’s unfortunately all too common, especially in the high summer seasons. There are a lot of different products out there that promise to eliminate fleas, ticks and other pests from your dog’s fur and skin; unfortunately, many of these products contain potent toxins and can be harmful to your dog, especially with long-term use.
One of the most popular natural, safe remedies for ticks, fleas and other pests on our pets are Baltic amber necklaces. Baltic amber necklaces are made with amber beads, and are designed to be worn against your pet’s neck. The idea is that the amber on these necklaces works to repel fleas, ticks and other pests naturally: no chemicals or other non-natural remedies required!
But do they really work? Let’s take a closer look at the inner workings behind amber necklaces to see how well these popular products actually work.
How does Amber work as a flea, tick, mite and mosquito prevention?
There are a few different components to break down when discussing how Baltic amber necklaces works to repel all of those unwanted pests on your dog’s and cat’s fur.
The two most important components are electrostatic and an unpleasant odour.
- Electrostatic:This may seem ridiculous at first, but one of the ways that Baltic amber necklaces repel pests is through electrostatic shocks. The amber beads on a Baltic amber necklace will rub up against the fur of the pet when it is worn. This creates electricity which will make it nearly impossible for any pest, tick or otherwise to cling onto your dog's fur.
- Unpleasant smell (to pests):Amber has a natural smell that, for whatever reason, is unpleasant to most pests, especially ticks and fleas. The smell of the resin is released when it is worn against your dog or cat's fur, as your pet's natural body heat will slightly warm the amber and cause its scent to emerge. The more your pet wears their Baltic amber necklace, the stronger the unpleasant smell--and the more likely that ticks and fleas will stay away.
In conclusion, Amber can help on a number of fronts ….
- fleas, ticks and mite’s prevention in cats and dogs - natural non-toxic;
- reduces chemical overload in pets;
- calms anxious behaviour by grounding you to the earth. It promotes a positive mental state relieving stress and tension, and promotes more restful sleep;
- arthritis, rheumatism, growing pains, aching muscles and joints;
- helps relieve skin conditions;
- boosts immune system;
- counteracts depression;
- assists with fatigue and insomnia;
- high energy pets benefit by restoring balance and calmness;
- natural pain relief. Amber has natural pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. But its positive benefit does not end there.
- the necklace looks stylish around your pet’s neck.
Pet necklaces need to be firm around the neck on initial purchase as they will give slightly after a couple of weeks.