wellbeing, healing and disease prevention
Supplements … vitamins and minerals are good for you, right?
It’s a no-brainer really!
Originally designed to protect against micronutrient deficiencies resulting from inadequate dietary intake, ‘multivitamins’ application has been broadened over time.
Now not only do you have vitamins to supplement nutrient deficiencies, but products with specialised formulas which assist in increasing performance, aiding in weight loss, protecting against cancer and other illnesses, and improving longevity.
Starting your puppy or kitten on supplements right from an early age will set them up to grow into a strong, healthy, happy dog and cat.
Supplements have been shown to significantly improve your pet’s health and wellbeing and go a long way to preventing common diseases.
Not only this, it has also been known to reverse the effects for dogs and cats suffering from ailments and certain chronic conditions such as:
- digestive issues
- arthritic conditions
- liver disease
- skin allergies and conditions (dry skin and coat)
- ear infections
- irritable Bowel Syndrome
- reproductive health
- degenerative diseases
- periodontal diseases such as gingivitis
- and plenty more.
How will Omega 3, 6 & 9 help your pet? (Dishy Dogs Omega Boost)
- acts as a natural anti-inflammatory;
- decreases irritation and itching, improves skin and coat;
- reduces the effects of allergies, improves joint function, and controls inflammation;
- essential for maintaining the immune system, in particular, it contributes to cell function, cell membrane structure, immune function, the health of your dog’s skin and coat, normal reproduction, and even the growth of your dog;
- assists with arthritis pain, omega-3 with glucosamine and chondroitin has controlled pain and made movement easier. It is thought that dogs that suffer from autoimmune, allergic, or inflammatory health conditions may benefit from increasing omega-3 fatty acid levels.
How will vitamins E help your pet? (Dishy Dogs Omega Boost)
- prevents free radicals from damaging fat in the body that are crucial for healthy bodies and helps to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals;
- essential for your pet’s body to develop strong and healthy muscles, and healthy circulatory and immune systems;
- prevents the development of poor vision, neurologic abnormalities, reproductive dysfunction, and an impaired immune system. Just make sure the Vitamin E oil you are giving your dog or cat is natural and not synthetic. For high-quality omega’s, see Dishy Dogs Omega Boost.
Did you know that skin, coat, muscles and nerves all require vitamin A for proper function? (Dishy Dogs Omega Boost)
- keeps your pet’s skin and coat healthy;
- prevents night blindness;
- prevents muscle deterioration;
- enhances the intestinal immune response by increasing the number of immune cells. For high-quality vitamin A, see Dishy Dogs Omega Boost.
Did you know vitamin D promotes the retention of calcium, thus aiding bone formation and nerve and muscle control? (Dishy Dogs Omega Boost)
- Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for dogs, which means it must be part of their diet in order for your dog to maintain optimal health;
- Muscles and nerves require vitamin D for proper function;
- helps regulate calcium and phosphorus absorption and prevents heart disease;
- reduces the risk of bone disorders such as osteomalacia and rickets;
- New research is also showing that low levels of Vitamin D are linked to an increased risk of cancer.
Why Dishy Dogs Probiotic Pet? (Potent Probiotic and Prebiotic in one)
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in the digestive tract/colon. All dogs can benefit from probiotics.
Prebiotics support the growth of probiotics, which help keep bad bacteria under control in your dog's gut. By supporting the good bacteria, it helps to:
- prevents disease;
- aids digestion and nutrient absorption (especially minerals);
- enhances the immune system;
- inhibits the growth and activity of harmful bacteria, such as E. coli, Salmonella, and Clostridium perfringens, as well as providing other benefits to the intestines;
- helps in treating diarrhoea, irritable bowel, and intestinal inflammation;
- may help prevent urinary tract infections; and can even
- reduce allergic reactions by decreasing intestinal permeability and controlling inflammation. For a high-quality probiotic, see Dishy Dogs Probiotic Pet.
How will sea kelp help your pet? (Dishy Dogs Flash Fangs)
- natural dental hygiene due to its antibacterial properties;
- it freshens the breath;
- natural source of amino acids; it is 25% protein with only 2% fat and is important for healthy thyroid function due to it iodine content (helps regulate the metabolism and weight);
- sea kelp contains the highest natural concentration of calcium of any food;
- contains 60 different minerals (including zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium) and vitamins (A, B1, B2, C, D and E) and 21 amino acids (including tyrosine, which helps regulate the metabolism);
- anti-ageing. Studies show that the form of iodine found in kelp can effectively remove free radicals (chemicals that accelerate ageing) from blood cells. For high-quality oral hygiene, see Dishy Dogs Flash Fangs.
Benefits of Turmeric, Ginger and Galangal (Dishy Dogs Turmeric Tonic)
Galangal root is a rich source of antioxidants, which helps fight disease and protect your pets cells from damaging free radicals. Studies suggest that the active compound in galangal root, known as galangin, may kill cancer cells or prevent them from spreading.
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. For turmeric to be fully effective, it must be activated with Piperine and a fat.
Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It may also relieve nausea and vomiting after surgery, and in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Did you know that Dishy Dogs Colloidal Silver is a natural antibacterial, antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal agent?
Colloidal silver is an all-around pathogen fighter, it’s a great one to keep in
your medicine cabinet for any disease – whether it’s bacterial, fungal (yeast!) or viral in nature (it can even be used to help treat parvovirus). Plus, it can be used as a preventative when exposure to sick people or animals is unavoidable, and as a regular household cleaner to disinfect surfaces and areas.
- excellent for cleaning and healing external wounds, burns and cuts due to its antibacterial properties;
- supports healthy skin by treating fungal skin infections;
- excellent for treating eye problems;
- excellent for treating ear infections;
- excellent for treating bacterial, fungal and viral infections;
- boosts the immune system.
Did you know that Dishy Dogs Colostrum Pet can help heal the body at the cellular level and prevent the onset of certain conditions?
Research has shown that colostrum has the demonstrated ability to kill bacteria and viral invaders, stimulate tissue repair.
It not only prevents the canine flu; it also has the ability to prevent other viral insults owing to its rich mix of antiviral immunoglobulins.
Some of the viral infections that colostrum has been proven to be effective in preventing and treatment include:
- Bordetella or kennel cough;
- Lyme disease;
- Leptospirosis (bacterial infection that spreads through the bloodstream);
- Cancer; and
- canine parvovirus.
For more in-depth information on Colostrum read our Colostrum fact sheet here.
How will Dishy Dogs Liver Tonic help your pet?
Dishy Dogs powerful Liver Tonic is a combination of Silymarin, Taraxacum (Dandelion), Chelidonium majus (Celandine, Greater), Berberis vulgaris (Barberry Bark) and Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) and specifically helps to protects the liver against toxins (including some drugs and heavy metals). It cleanses and detoxifies the liver, activates protein synthesis, and stimulates growth of new liver cells to replace those that are dead or damaged. Studies show that silymarin helps ease inflammation and promotes cell repair. It may help ease symptoms from liver diseases like jaundice, cirrhosis, liver cancer, and fatty liver disease.
Dishy Dogs Liver Tonic also has strong antioxidant actions (destroys oxygen free radicals) by scavenging free radicals that can damage cells, increases protein production by the liver, and promotes bile flow and anti-inflammatory actions believed to inhibit inflammatory pathways.
The high-quality Liver Tonic:
- may help protect the liver for Cushing's disease in dogs;
- optimises digestion;
- excellent digestive tonic;
- regenerates damaged liver cells and protects them from poisons;
- nourishes the liver, gallbladder and spleen;
- relieves nausea and is antispasmodic;
- maintains normal cholesterol levels; and
- is an antioxidant, and is high in vitamins and minerals.
How will Dishy Dogs supplements help your pet?
- monitory savings due to less trips to the vet and fewer vet bills;
- natural, effective dental hygiene;
- anti-inflammatory and antioxidant;
- natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent;
- natural antibiotic;
- natural eye and ear treatment;
- prevents damage caused by free radicals;
- decreases irritation and itching and improves skin and coat;
- improves joint function, and controls inflammation;
- improves digestion and gut health;
- regenerates damaged liver cells and protects them from poisons;
- reduces allergy symptoms;
- reduces the risk of cancer;
- reduces the risk of disease;
- increased mobility in older animals;
- more energy and stamina;
- increased chance of living a longer and healthier life;
- strengthened immune system.
Dishy Dogs is certified “Australian Made and Owned”. Our ingredients are of the highest quality and are 100% human grade, preservative free with no added salt, sugar, flavour or colours.